Several days ago I wrote about a $2M General Obligation Bond that the County Council was considering for 2014 to fund a number of capital projects (Council Takes First Step Towards General Obligation Bond for 2014 to Fund Infrastructure).
We have received a list of projects proposed by the Commissioners for the bond, along with cost estimates (the original document is here: Possible Bond Projects with costs 2013-09-24).
- Showers – waterproofing the foundation, – tuck pointing, window sill repairs–$305,100
- Technology connectivity upgrade—$176,000
- Waterproofing Courthouse Wall-$1,000,000
- Vehicles- 2 for the Prosecutor’s office, 2 for the probation office – $83,282 (2 AWD Equinox and 2 IMPALAS)
- Movement of offices from One City Center to Curry, Curry to Showers and CC.
- Voter Reg/Absentee to Community Corrections: $50,000.
- Archive Project- 20,000.00
- Jail remodel for medical ward–$270,000
- Jail control Panel-$222,000
- Karst Ellettsville connection Trail $100,000
- Proximity locks Community Corrections/Fire Suppression system: $35,000.00
- Additional siren $25,000
- Ambulance purchase ?$150,000
- Solar thermal System: $185,000.
Total cost estimates well exceed $2M, so we will be receiving soon a prioritized list.
The Council will conduct a public hearing on this bond and vote on it (including the prioritized list of projects) at its 2013-10-08 meeting.