The agenda for tomorrow’s Monroe County Council meeting is available here:
- Monroe County Council appointment to the Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA)
- An additional appropriation of $15,000 for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) from the Juvenile Services Nonreverting Fund
- A request from the County Commissioners to retain (rather than revert to the General Fund) the balance from the Showers Building/Johnson Hardware fund for 2013. The Showers Building/Johnson Hardware fund receives the rental income from tenants in the Showers Building and the Johnson Hardware Building.
- An additional appropriation of $15,910 from the Cable Franchise Fees fund to support CATS (Community Access Television Service); this is a correction of an error in the CATS appropriation during budget hearings.
- Deappropriation of almost $830,000 from the Cumulative Capital Development Fund; this fund has been over-budgeted compared to available revenue, and so the budget must be pared down.
- Approval of a 5-year lease from the county to the Convention and Visitors Bureau (Visit Bloomington) for the Visitors’ Center on North Walnut. Previous leases have been 2-year leases.
- An additional appropriation out of the Motor Vehicle and Highway (MHV) fund for a supplement to be paid to snow and ice removal employees to compensate them for not being allowed to take any vacation time between December and March.
The meeting will be tomorrow, Tuesday, 2014-02-11, at 5:30PM in the Nat U Hill Room of the Monroe County Courthouse. Public comment on items not on the agenda will be taken at the beginning of the meeting. Hope to see you there!