Dear readers, I apologize for the long gap in postings here. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Now that budget hearings are here, I’ll try to make a better effort.
Tonight is the first night of budget hearings for the Monroe County 2017 budget.
The full schedule for budget hearings is as follows:
- Tuesday–August 30th, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: County Commissioners, Veterans’ Affairs, Health, Solid Waste Management, Building Commission
- Wednesday–August 31st, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Clerk (including Election Board), Parks, Recorder, Emergency Management, County Fair, Prosecutor, Coroner, Perry-Clear Creek Fire Protection District
- Tuesday–September 6th, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Courts, Probation, Youth Services, Public Works/Highway (including Stormwater)
- Monday–September 19th, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Tech Services, Extension, Weights and Measures, Sheriff, Correction Center, Assessor, Treasurer, Convention and Visitors
- Wednesday-September 21St, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Human Resources, Planning, Legal, Aviation, Auditor, County Council
- Thursday-September 22nd, 2016 5:00 – 9:00 pm: Public Defender, and multiple budgets considered for the new Public Safety Local Income Tax
During these times, the County Council will hear requests for the 2017 budget from county departments, and will vote on a proposed budget.
Following hearings, the budget will be formally adopted on October 11-12. At this time, tax rates and levies for county funds will also be adopted.
- Tuesday–October 11th, 2016 5:30 – 9:00 pm(First Reading)
- Wednesday–October 12th, 2016 5:30 – 9:00 pm
All budget hearings and adoption will be at the Nat U Hill room of the Monroe County Courthouse. All meetings are open to the public, and will be covered on CATS.
The official publication (Notice to Taxpayers) of the budget hearing and adoption notice is here: